Chinese Heritage Association of Australia Inc.
Who are we?
The Chinese Heritage Association of Australia is a community organisation set up to promote the study and discussion of the history of the Chinese community in Australia.
We regularly invite members of the Chinese-Australian community, academics and others to contribute their stories and insights.
CHAA is a non-profit incorporated association. It has no religious or political affiliations.
Our aims and objectives are as follow:
- To increase awareness and understanding within the community of the importance and diversity of the Chinese contributions to Australia;
- To encourage and assist members in the recording of family and community histories;
- To undertake cultural heritage research;
- To provide a forum where members can discuss and exchange ideas and information;
- To support and encourage the preservation of records, sites and objects with special heritage significance;
- To bridge the gap between early and more recent immigrants of Chinese origin;
- To promote and represent the interests and concerns of Chinese Australians and;
- To promote friendship, cooperation and understanding between the Chinese Australian community and the wider Australian community.
If you are interested in becoming involved, please feel free to contact us, or click here for the membership form.